I DREW SOMETHING

This is a blog of illustrator Petri Suni. Browse on and check what he's been up to lately.

29 August 2011

Drawing manga facial expressions

I'm not into manga and I've never illustrated anything like that... until now. Couple of weeks ago I needed to illustrate a set of facial expressions in manga-style for a project I'm working on. It took a lot of browsing on manga websites and a lot of sketching to achieve the right kind of style. All in all it was a bit trickier than I would have expected. Here is what I did.

manga facial expression
I was happy with the result. Unfortunately that set of expressions didn't quite meet the needs of the project and I had to redo the faces. Being forced to dig myself even deeper to the secrets of drawing manga wasn't that bad. It was good practise for the next time I need to draw some manga, whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment