I DREW SOMETHING

This is a blog of illustrator Petri Suni. Browse on and check what he's been up to lately.

11 October 2013

Sketchy portrait of Jussi Syren - iPad / Paper 53

Yesterday I went to see a music gig, that wasn't just any gig. It was bluegrass music in a church - sort of gospel bluegrass, I guess. The gig was great and the band was Jussi Syren & The Groundbreakers - absolutely the best bluegrass band in Finland, although there's none or very few others. I believe they do have some sort of reputation also in the birth-district of bluegrass.

Inspired by my first ever live bluegrass experience and the band's sturdy essence, I drew this quick sketchy portrait of Jussi Syren. I used iPad and Paper 53 app, which I have found to be an excellent for sketchy drawings.

Bluegrass musician Jussi Syren singing

Here's a sample of JS&GB's music.

2 comments: